Table of Contents
The autocorrect or auto-replace is software built with the intention of assisting the user while typing. The use of autocorrect and auto-replace is increasing day by day. The feature grasps your unique typing style and then suggest the words for you and even replaces the misspelt words. But, the problem arises when it replaces the correct words and your message becomes chaotic. So, don’t let your recipient stuck with your chaotic message, turn off autocorrect and auto-replace on your Samsung Note 20 or S20.
Many peoples may find autocorrect useful in their professional typing but some people are not used to it. Autocorrect and auto-replace are to different features. Autocorrect only replace the misspelt words whereas auto-replace replace the words which are not present in the dictionary with the word suitable to the current sentence. So, sometime after typing a whole paragraph, you may realize that auto-replace has replaced some words and now you have to type them again.
Turn off Autocorrect on Samsung Galaxy Note 20 or S20
To turn off autocorrect on Samsung Galaxy Note 20 or S20 follow the steps given below,
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Now, navigate to the general and then language and input.
- Click on the onscreen keyboard and then select the currently active keyboard.
- Select smart typing from the menu.
- Now, turn off the autocorrect option on Samsung Note 20 or S20.
Disable Auto-replace on the Samsung Note 20 or S20
- Navigate to the settings app on your device.
- Now, click on the general and then select language and input.
- Click on the on-screen keyboard and then select the currently active keyboard.
- Now, select smart-typing from the option.
- Turn off auto-replace from the menu.
That’s all you have successfully disabled autocorrect and auto-replace on your device. Now, if you want to disable the suggestion strip that comes when you type then follow along. We recommend you don’t disable it as it helps a lot while typing and doesn’t create any hassle.
Turn off a predictive text or suggestive text on Samsung Note 20 or S20
- Open the Settings app.
- Now navigate to General>Language and input>On-screen keyboard.
- Select predictive text.
- Disable personalized prediction data.
Hi, I’m Rohit. I am a computer engineer, who loves to talk and learn about new technologies.