“Package File is Invalid” glitch occurs when there is an issue during a downloading or updating applications. If you’re also facing the “Package File is Invalid” issue on your Samsung Galaxy S10 or Samsung S20 then we have some tips that you can apply to get rid of it.
How to Fix Package File is Invalid in Samsung Galaxy S10 and S20
1. Restart Your Samsung Device
If you’re facing this issue the for the first time then we recommend you to restart your device and check that if you’re still facing the issue or not. If you are still facing the issue then you should consider force rebooting your device. Follow these simple steps to Force reboot Samsung S10 or Samsung S20,
Press and hold volume down key and power button for at least seven seconds.
Now, Your device will restart.
After you have successfully rebooted your device, check if you’re still facing the issue? If yes, then we have some more tips that you can try.
2. Clear cache and data of the play store
You might be facing the issue because of some playstore settings or some corrupt files. So, we recommend clearing cache and data of play store. Don’t worry you will not lose any apps or files by performing this action. To clear cache and data of playstore follow the simple steps given below,
- Open the Settings app on your Samsung Smartphone.
- Select the application option.
- Now, Tap on the google play store option.
- Select the clear cache and data option.
How to Disable Bixby on Samsung S20
3. Reconnect with a Wifi or Mobile Data
There is a huge possibility that you might be facing the issue because of your disrupted network connection. As when your device is updating or downloading the file and network goes off then files might get corrupted and you can encounter with the error like “Package file is invalid”. So we recommended you to check your internet connection before downloading any file or apps to avoid this kind of errors.
Now, If you’re already facing the error then we recommend you to turn off wifi and mobile data on your Samsung device and turn it on after some time and check if you can download or update your application or not.
(Note: Also check your wifi or mobile data is working properly if not then try to download file using a different network)
4. Update or Download the app using the web browser
We want to inform you that this solution can act as a temporary fix for your problem. You might face the same problem again if you face the same problem again we recommend you to follow the solution number 5.
To download or update App using the web browser follow the steps given below,
- Open the web browser on your computer and search for the play store.
- Now, this the crucial step, login in the play store with the same Gmail account which you have used on your smartphone.
- Search for the app that you want to download or upload.
- Now, hit the install button.
- You will get the option on which device you want to install the app.
- Select the device from the list and hit the install button.
That’s it, your app will be downloaded on your smartphone after some time.
5. Backup files and perform a Master Reset(Factory Reset) on your Samsung smartphone
If you have applied all of the possible solutions and still facing the issue then we are only left them with one option that is the factory reset your Samsung smartphone.
(Note: Factory Resetting your device will erase all of your data so we recommend you to backup all of your important data before performing this)
Follow the steps to factory reset your Samsung S10 or Samsung S20:
- Turn off your Samsung Smartphone.
- Press and hold the volume up and Bixby button.
- Now, Press the power button while continuously holding the volume up and Bixby button until the Android logo appears and disappear from the screen and device vibrates.
- Now, you will see many options on the screen.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” from the options.
- Now follow the on-screen instruction.
- Select “Yes” for the option do you want to reset your device and select the “reboot now” to begin the process.
(Note: you can navigate between the option using volume up/down keys and you can select an option using the power button.)
Hi, I’m Rohit. I am a computer engineer, who loves to talk and learn about new technologies.